EBPG Cygwin Tools
- Download the EBPG Cygwin Tools.
- Unzip EBPG-Cygwin.zip.
- Open the extracted folder and follow the instructions in README.html.
Iced Layout Editor for Windows
- Download a copy of ICED.
- Unzip the downloaded file (iced.zip).
- Follow the instructions in iced_readme_install.docx.
Requirements: Windows 7 or newer operating system connected to a campus network (wired or wireless).
- Download LinkCAD.
- Unzip the file that was downloaded in step 1 (linkcad.zip) which will create a LinkCAD folder.
- Go into the LinkCAD folder and run the LinkCAD installer (linkcad-22.214.171.12410-setup.exe).
- Copy the LinkCAD license file (lclic.net) into your LinkCAD program folder (for example C:\Program Files\LinkCAD 9).
- Start LinkCAD.
- If you get an error indicating that LinkCAD is unable to access the shared license folder, follow the steps below under Correcting LinkCAD Network License Errors.
- The license can be verified in LinkCAD by navigating to Help > About LinkCAD or by simply launching LinkCAD. If LinkCAD starts without errors, your license should be working.
Correcting LinkCAD Network License Errors
- Open a Windows Explorer window (Windows Key + E).
- In the location bar, type the following:
- Wait for some time. In a few moments you should be challenged for authentication.
- Use the following username (Replace internetID with your own UMN internetID): ad.umn.edu\internetID
- Enter your UMN internetID password in the password field.
- Check the box to save/remember your credentials and click OK.
- Test LinkCAD.
- Download Tanner Tools. 32-bit for Windows - 64-bit for Windows
- Install Tanner Tools by double-clicking the installer. When presented with the install menu choose Install > Install Products.
- After installation is complete configure licensing. In your start menu you should find Mentor Graphics Licensing > Configure Licensing.
- In the Configure Licensing window, select Point to a license server.
- Enter email@example.com as the port number and hostname. Clicking Test should indicate success.
- Tanner Tools is now ready for use.
- Remember that you have to be on a UMN network (wired, wireless, VPN) to checkout a license.