If you plan to use the Nanomaterials or Bio-Nano labs only, and will not be using the cleanrooms, you need not attend one of the bimonthly orientation sessions (these are directed to cleanroom users). Instead, please contact Jim Marti at email@example.com to set up your lab orientation.
Steps to Become a User of the Nanobio Labs
- Complete the prerequisite Department of Environmental Health and Safety (DEHS) courses through the Training Hub. For external users, use the links below to get to the Training Hub, then create a Guest Account by clicking "Internet account" on the righthand side. *These courses need to be taken through the Training Hub. If you have taken them in the past through a different training portal you will need to retake them through the Training Hub before you can get access to New User Training:
- Sign up for a Badger account.
- UMN users: bring a signed copy of the Account Change form with you to New User Orientation.
- The budget string on this form will be used for your lab charges. Have this signed by your advisor or supervisor.
- Non-UMN users: a purchase order, UMN Lab Use Agreement, and Certificate of Liability Insurance are required.
- Please contact Nano Center Staff at 612 624-8005 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of the Lab Use Agreement and further instructions.
- Fill out the NNCI facility user profile
Request specific tool training by going to the Equipment Training page and filling out the training request form.