To become a new user of the cleanrooms, you must first attend an orientation session.
New User Orientation sessions are offered on the first Wednesday (1:00-3:00PM) and third Thursday (10:00AM-12:00PM) of each month in room 140 of the Physics and Nanotechnology Building. For building location and parking information click here. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-624-8005.
Becoming a New Cleanroom User
- Register for New User Orientation.
- Must register for orientation, complete all courses, and fill out all forms in advance. Completion is required by the day before each New User Orientation session.
- Complete the prerequisite Department of Environmental Health and Safety (DEHS) courses through the Training Hub. For non-UMN users, use the links below to get to the Training Hub, then create a Guest Account by clicking "Internet account" on the righthand side. *These courses need to be taken through the Training Hub. If you have taken them in the past through a different training portal you will need to retake them through the Training Hub before you can get access to New User Training:
- Complete the online New User Training course. *If you have not completed the prerequisite courses, you will not be able to enroll in this course.
- Sign up for a Badger account.
- Install Badger and complete a New Member application.
- UMN users: bring a signed copy of the Account Change form with you to New User Orientation.
- The budget string on this form will be used for your lab charges. Have this signed by your advisor or supervisor.
- Non-UMN users: a purchase order, UMN Lab Use Agreement, and Certificate of Liability Insurance are required.
- Please contact Nano Center Staff at 612 624-8005 or at email@example.com for a copy of the Lab Use Agreement and further instructions.
- Fill out the NNCI facility user profile.
- Complete the New User Orientation session.
- You will receive chemical safety training, and get a tour of the MNC cleanrooms.
- Wear appropriate clothing:
- Long pants and a shirt with sleeves.
Closed toe shoes and hair tied back.